You may have already read the latest Intercept piece by Glenn Greenwald. In case you haven’t:
Firstlook/The Intercept, “Hacking Online Polls and Other Ways British Spies Seek to Control the Internet,” Glenn Greenwald, 14 July 2014:
You might note a few things. First, some of these tools line up rather well with the Department of Defense’s MINERVA mass manipulation programs:
• “Change outcome of online polls” (UNDERPASS)
• “Mass delivery of email messaging to support an Information Operations campaign” (BADGER) and “mass delivery of SMS messages to support an Information Operations campaign” (WARPARTH)
• “Disruption of video-based websites hosting extremist content through concerted target discovery and content removal.” (SILVERLORD)
• “Ability to artificially increase traffic to a website” (GATEWAY) and “ability to inflate page views on websites” (SLIPSTREAM)
• “Amplification of a given message, normally video, on popular multimedia websites (Youtube)” (GESTATOR)
• “Targeted Denial Of Service against Web Servers” (PREDATORS FACE) and “Distributed denial of service using P2P. Built by ICTR, deployed by JTRIG” (ROLLING THUNDER)
All directed at altering perception of opinions and control of information for basically the same thing.
Then there’s the “This Time It’s Personal” portions:
• “Active skype capability. Provision of real time call records (SkypeOut and SkypetoSkype) and bidirectional instant messaging. Also contact lists.” (MINIATURE HERO)
• “A tool that will permanently disable a target’s account on their computer” (ANGRY PIRATE)
That sounds familiar. 6 December 2009:
The language in question was of course English. Guessing they were referring to Farsi, since my Apple account default language was switched to that and someone texting my pickpocketed phone got a response in that language.
Then, just before the ex getting married, the 9-1-1 call, the leaving Minneapolis:
An email BCCing me from a fictional character I made up who then proceeded to create a Skype account:
And a second one:
Resulting in the email address getting its password changed and me losing access to it:
The point being, 1st Amendment just doesn’t mean squat here. Conspiracy Against Rights plus absolutely unhelpful DoJ = justice delayed, justice denied, plus heaps and heaps of injustice thrown in to remind you just in case your brain started telling you it was an accident or misunderstanding.
Not exactly the same method, but I’ve lost access to email accounts due to loss of phones, whether that be the pickpocketing before the Squidgate trial or the mugging before the Jeremy Hammond sentencing hearing. The latest similar issue is my reduced Twitter effectiveness due to a sudden loss of balance while standing next to a swimming pool just a few days ago.
But here’s my favorite for a number of reasons. One, they have been using this to convince politicians that their constituencies hold opinions other than the ones that they hold. How do I know? I wrote about this:
• “Ability to spoof any email address and send email under that identity” (CHANGELING)
If you’re still so brainwashed as to think this is about radical Islam, the Russians or the Chinese, I suggest you also take a gander at what 32-year NSA veteran William Binney had to say on the subject. Really, you can just read the headline because in this case they didn’t pull punches and bury the lede.
The Guardian, “The ultimate goal of the NSA is total population control: At least 80% of all audio calls, not just metadata, are recorded and stored in the US, says whistleblower William Binney – that’s a ‘totalitarian mentality’,” Antony Loewenstein, 10 July 2014:
Which I will add is exactly what all the rest of this stuff I’ve been talking about concerns with the exception of the self-dealing stuff. Speaking of which:
Common Dreams, “Members of Congress Declare ‘Immunity’ from Insider Trading Probe: House panel refuses to submit to SEC subpoenas,” Nadia Prupis, 7 July 2014:
Which you will also find in Wicked Game. Recall that one of the things that extended the War in Vietnam was the fact that so many members of Congress were making money off of it. For example, some owned the ships that delivered ammunition.
Then recall that Eisenhower warned of this very thing occurring, that war had been so lucrative for a few that later, it follows, wars may be fought simply on the basis of making more money for those same groups of folks and their offspring.
Then came the days of COINTELPRO, MINARET, MKULTRA, etc. Not only was there rampant abuses of power for “going overboard on fear,” but there were members of Congress and people in the White House using intelligence agencies for their personal agendas.
Insider trading? NSA knows all, sees all, records all and, as Snowden proved, leaves it laying around for contractors to come grab and walk out with any time they please. Information for any use, from political hitlists, to swaying elections, to financial gain, to the bizarre cultish end-of-world-looney-tunes stuff. *
But is the lack of oversight in Congress due to the rapid growth? Or just that things are going so well on a personal basis with a massive Stasi state for a select few who have abandoned any desire to serve those who elected them? I think the latter. That’s the Deep State.
* This last, sadly, is not only true but coming your way very soon. We have all been of the opinion that it is impossible to be powerful, extremely wealthy, and completely fricking insane. Alas, this is not true. I have no advice apart from start seeing it. Not everyone is rational and sane, therefore you can’t really emulate their thinking being so.